The kitchen sink is one of the most important parts of any kitchen. However, all the heavy use of kitchen sinks can lead to complications. If your sink is backing up or slow to drain, it’s likely there’s something clogging your drain and obstructing the flow of water through your pipes. Keep reading to learn about how to handle kitchen sink clogging in Shreveport, LA to keep your sink working as reliable as possible.
Here are a few of the best ways to unclog a kitchen sink in Shreveport, LA:
- Run your garbage disposal: Garbage disposals are designed to process food particles and keep water flowing down your sink drain. If your sink is slow to drain, it’s possible that all it will take to get things moving again is running the garbage disposal. Turn on the garbage disposal and let it run for a few seconds. If water is still very slow to drain after running the garbage disposal, try a different method to get rid of the clog.
- Try a plunger: Plungers can be effective at loosening clogs from plumbing systems. A flat-bottomed plunger is ideal for clearing sink clogs, but a toilet plunger will work in a pinch. Fill the sink halfway with hot water to create a seal around the drain and pump the plunger slowly to loosen the obstruction. Remove the plunger and allow the sink to drain. Repeat the process a few times if necessary.
- Mix a DIY cleaning solution: A DIY cleaning solution made from baking soda and vinegar can be effective at clearing small clogs in your plumbing system. Pour one cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by one cup of vinegar. Wait for 15 minutes to let the mixture take effect, and then pour hot water down the drain to clear away the clog.
- Clear out the P-trap: The P-trap is the elbow-shaped joint underneath the sink. It’s common for food and debris to accumulate in this joint and prevent water from draining from the sink. Disassemble the P-trap and empty it out to improve the flow of water in your plumbing system. This is often all it takes to get clogged sinks in Shreveport, LA draining effectively again.
- Call a plumber: Professional plumbers have the tools and expertise necessary to clear plumbing obstructions and get systems moving again. Contact a plumber for professional drain cleaning service that’s better for your pipes and offers better lasting results than DIY drain cleaning methods. Plumbers can also provide inspections and routine maintenance services to keep your entire plumbing and sewage systems running effectively.
Professional plumbing services
For help fixing kitchen sink clogging in Shreveport, LA, reach out to Perot Plumbing, LLC. Since 2002, we’ve been developing a reputation for the quality of our plumbing services and the satisfaction of our customers. No matter what the source of your drain clog may be, our team has the tools necessary to address the issue and get your system running as effectively as possible. Find out more about our services and request a consultation by giving our team a call today.
Categorised in: Clogged Drains