Summer is a high-demand time for plumbing maintenance in Shreveport, LA. The best way to be ready for higher water demand and warmer temperatures is to follow a summer plumbing checklist. This ensures your water supply and waste management runs smoothly all summer long. Here is a summer plumbing checklist that you can start reviewing today:
- Check appliances: Start with the appliances that are hooked up to water sources or drain into your sewer system. This includes washing machines and dishwashers. Check to see if they are operating normally and that there is no water accumulating under them. If your clothes or dishes seem to be less clean, start by checking any filters, and if those are clean, have your plumbing connections checked.
- Assess water pressure: You may experience reduced water pressure due to more demand for water, whether it is for watering yards or filling pools. If you notice your shower has consistently low pressure or the jets in your dishwasher do not preserve the pressure necessary to clean, there may be a broken pipe involved.
- Clean drains: The demands of summer on your plumbing in Shreveport, LA also extend to drains. Unless you want backups or overflowing toilets, now is a good time to schedule a professional drain cleaning. Clearing them out before heavy use is a good idea, since a clog can increase pipe pressure and lead it to burst. The last thing you want during a pool party or barbecue is for your plumbing to fail and leave all toilets inaccessible. Drain cleaning is preventative maintenance that will save you headaches!
- Inspect your pool: Generally, you want your pool to be free of cracks, leaks and seal damage. For any pipes that feed into it, you also want to check to see if they still work and remain in good condition. If your pool or its pipes leak, that will soon become an expensive problem. You can reduce this possibility by finding damage before it leads to higher water bills.
- Test your sprinkler system: Like your pool, a sprinkler system can become a money waster if it is not properly maintained. Turn it on and check for leaks or any damaged lines. You will also notice water pressure issues with your sprinkler that could point to pipe damage you cannot see.
- Find any larger leaks: If your home suffers a damaged water main, you will likely find the carnage in the basement. Look for pooled water or leaks from a pipe. If you see pools of water, call a plumber before it becomes a basement flood.
- Consider a plumbing inspection: Many homeowners treat plumbing as an out-of-sight, out-of-mind issue. If you do not remember the last time you had your plumbing inspected, schedule an inspection soon. This allows you to catch problems before they become serious and enjoy the summer with stronger peace of mind.
Perot Plumbing, LLC is prepared to address all your plumbing maintenance challenges in Shreveport, LA this summer. If you require assistance with your summer plumbing demands, contact us today to schedule a visit.
Categorised in: Plumbing Maintenance