Dealing with a water leak is every homeowner’s nightmare. Leaks can vary in size from small trickles that take weeks or months to even appear to absolute deluges that can lead to catastrophic damage very quickly. The trick is to know the warning signs of hidden water leaks in Shreveport, LA so you can easily identify them and then bring in the professionals to help mitigate and solve any issues you’ve found. There are a number of ways to keep your eyes peeled for these types of leaks. With this in mind, here are some quick tips to help you in your hunt for leaks in your home:
- Review your bill: The water bill is a mainstay of any home, and many of us probably just pay it without giving it a second thought. However, you can really do some detective work with this piece of paper. If you notice that your water usage is creeping up, it could mean that you are losing water through pipe leaks in Shreveport, LA.
- Keep an eye on your meter: Another thing most customers probably never give a second thought to is their water meter, but it can help you find hidden water leaks in Shreveport, LA. All you need to do is write down the number on the meter, turn off every single water-using appliance for two or three hours, then look at the meter again. If the number on the meter has gone up, chances are, you have a leak.
- Have faith in food coloring: Yes, this everyday household product can help you find a pipe leak in Shreveport, LA. If you add a few drops to a toilet tank and wait a half hour or so, you’ll know you have a leak in your toilet tank if there is any coloring in the bowl itself.
- Trust your eyes: Visual inspections of your plumbing should be frequent. It takes very little time for you to take a look at all visible fixtures and piping and see if you can identify any sorts of problems. This can also go a long way towards familiarizing you with everything and make it more likely that you will notice something when it’s actually amiss.
- Call in the pros: If you have suspicions that you have hidden water leaks in Shreveport, LA, but can’t tell for certain, it might be time to call in the professionals at Perot Plumbing, LLC. We’ve been serving the area for nearly 20 years, and we can ease your mind by giving your plumbing system a thorough inspection and ensuring that everything is in good order.
Working with water leaks is a tricky business, but it’s well worth your attention. If you can learn how to identify leaks in their early stages, you can really save yourself a lot of money, time and aggravation further down the road. Our entire team is well trained in this area, so if you find yourself needing a professional set of eyes on your system, give us a call anytime to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Water Leaks