In-ground sprinkler systems often have a reputation for being a luxury amenity, but you don’t have to be wealthy or own a large property to be able to benefit from a sprinkler system. In fact, there are many sprinkler systems that are highly affordable and can even save you money while providing other types of benefits.
Here’s a quick overview of some examples of those primary benefits associated with irrigation system installation in Shreveport, LA:
- Use the correct amount of water: Today’s sprinkler and irrigation systems are highly sophisticated, and feature a series of sensors, gauges and timers to ensure you only use the amount of water your lawn actually needs. This means you can significantly cut down on water waste, which is not only better for the environment, but also saves you money when you compare it to how much people tend to overwater when they manually water their lawns.
- Erosion protection: By giving your lawn the exact amount of water it needs to stay healthy, you can help it hold up to potential erosion and other forms of damage. Healthy turf has a much stronger root system, which means you don’t have to worry as much about the effects of erosion and runoff. This, in turn, means you won’t have to pay for a landscaper to come out and resolve those issues, because you’ll be avoiding them entirely.
- Increased property value: A well-manicured, healthy lawn with a functional in-ground sprinkler system can increase your home’s property value. The amount it will increase varies depending on other factors associated with your property, but on average you can expect an increased home value of up to 15 percent. This means installing an in-ground sprinkler system will not only help you save money on water usage, but also give you a good return on investment if you decide to sell your home.
- Save time: Time is money, or so they say, and with an in-ground sprinkler system delivering you excellent results, you won’t have to spend nearly as much time dragging a hose around your property as you used to when you would water your lawn manually. You also won’t have to hire someone to come out and handle the task for you, even if you’re physically incapable of doing much in the way of maintaining your landscaping.
- Cooling effects: A healthy lawn of average size will have a cooling effect for a property that’s greater than even an average central air conditioning system. This means a lot of natural cooling for your home that you wouldn’t otherwise get with a lawn that’s in bad condition, or if your home was surrounded by concrete. Lawns also trap a lot of airborne particulates, preventing them from getting into your home and clogging up your filters, which would result in your HVAC system losing some of its efficiency (and costing you more as a result).
These are just a few ways in which a sprinkler system can benefit your property and save you some money. Hire the professionals from Perot Plumbing, LLC to come out for sprinkler system installation at your home in Shreveport, LA today.
Categorised in: Sprinkler System Installation