Just because the sun is shining and the kids are out of school doesn’t mean that you can take all summer off and neglect the upkeep around the house. This post will cover some of the basic things you should do around the house to save money and avoid the need for professional plumbing services in Shreveport, LA:
- Dishwasher: If you plan on entertaining friends and family this summer, there’s a good chance that you’ll be doing more cooking than usual, and once the meal is finished, that means it’s time to clean up. Assuming you have a dishwasher, you might want to have it inspected by a plumber to ensure that all of the connections are tight and there’s no chance that it might start to leak while it’s running.
- Garbage disposal: Going along with the point above, your garbage disposal is also likely to see a lot of action this summer. Be careful what goes down that drain! Things like bones, grease, fat, oil and coffee grounds should always be disposed of in the trash can, and not just dumped down the drain. Doing so is a surefire way to cause a clog that could necessitate expensive repairs.
- Washing machine: Your washing machine hoses are out of sight, which typically means that they’re also out of mind. That’s not a good thing, as they can burst and cause a huge flood if they’re worn down. Your hoses should be replaced every five years or so to ensure that they’re in good working order. Call a plumber today if it’s been a while since you’ve had them replaced or inspected!
- Water heater: Save yourself a few bucks each month by lowering the temperature on your water heater this summer. Your family members won’t need to take piping-hot showers to stay warm, so there’s no need to set the temperature as high as you do during the wintertime. Additionally, if you’re going away on a trip, remember to turn your water heater off. After all, there’s no sense in wasting electricity to heat the water if there’s nobody at home to use it.
What are the benefits of calling for summer maintenance?
Besides just getting to see our smiling faces, there are some real advantages to scheduling a maintenance call with one of our plumbers this summer. Here are a few of those benefits:
- Lower bills: Can’t fix that running toilet or leaky faucet by yourself? Bring in a pro! Hiring a plumber to fix any leaking or constantly-running appliances can drastically reduce your monthly water bill.
- Fully functional plumbing: There’s no need to go through the summer being down a toilet, a shower or any other appliances. Schedule maintenance today to ensure that all of your fixtures work as they should.
- Disaster avoidance: We shouldn’t have to remind you that neglecting your plumbing can lead to catastrophe in your home. It’s not a bad idea to have your plumber inspect all of your pipes to ensure everything looks fine and nothing is likely to burst.
Regardless of which plumbing services in Shreveport, LA you need this summer, be sure to hire Perot Plumbing, LLC to tackle the job! Our low prices, years of experience and wide range of services make us the number one plumber in town for homes and businesses of any size.
Categorised in: Plumber