For most homeowners, plumbing problems might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about the warmer months of the year. But the reality is that you still need to protect against plumbing issues and be proactive about maintenance. There are a range of minor problems that could blossom into full-blown catastrophes if you’re not careful.
That’s why it’s so important to address plumbing problems in Shreveport, LA right away. It’s always best to bring in trained and licensed plumbing experts to get to the root of the problem. Let’s take a look at the most common causes of summer plumbing issues:
- Washing machine: The fact is that your washing machine will see a lot of use during the summer. Whether it’s cleaning bathing suits or ridding clothes of grass and mud stains, the hottest parts of the year put additional stress on the machine. It’s a good idea to stay at home while the machine is running so that if there’s a malfunction, you can turn off the machine immediately. You should also unplug a faulty washing machine and call a trusted plumber for assistance.
- Clogged toilet: If you’ve got kids, they’re at home more during the summer, so that means they’re using the toilet more frequently. Make sure they know only to flush a reasonable amount of toilet paper. Usually toilet clogs are easy enough to dislodge with a plunger, but sometimes you may have to call in the pros.
- Garbage disposal: If you’re having cookouts this summer, that means you’re going to have some food waste to contend with. Larger items are best thrown in the trash instead of the disposal—even if it’s organic matter. These items could damage the disposal or lead to clogs. Cooking fluids like grease are also a no-no for garbage disposals.
- Sewer line problems: During heavy thunderstorms and rain showers, it’s possible the sewer line will back up. This is exacerbated by summer humidity. At the first sign of sewer issues, you should bring in a qualified plumber first thing. They’ll be able to tell you whether you need maintenance or a replacement.
- Sprinklers: It’s best to regularly inspect and clean sprinkler heads to keep the irrigation system functioning properly. Also, when you’re mowing the lawn, be careful that the sprinkler heads are lowered so that you don’t damage them.
The next time you experience plumbing problems in Shreveport, LA, trust Perot Plumbing, LLC to provide a resolution. For over 25 years, Perot Plumbing, LLC has been your local, family-owned industry leader. When you work with us, you are working with a company dedicated to providing high-quality service and repairs. We offer a one-year warranty on all repairs, which is just another way we try to go above and beyond for our customers.
We specialize in all aspects of plumbing, including tankless heater repair, video sewer inspections, fire lines and utility gas leaks. We also service remodels, commercial properties and new construction. When you are in need of a professional, give us a call for a free estimate or second opinion!
Categorised in: Plumbing Problems