Summer is finally here! The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and the kids are out of school. Whether they go to the beach, to foreign countries or on a road trip, it’s estimated that 100,000 Americans will travel in one way or another over the next three months.
Besides packing your suitcase, there are a couple of things you need to do regarding your plumbing in Shreveport, LA before you hit the road that can help save you money and prevent major flooding disasters. Continue reading to learn what those items include:
- Turn water temperature down: There’s no reason to waste money on your electric or gas bill to heat your water if nobody is going to be around to use it. Turn the heat down before you leave to save yourself a few bucks while you’re soaking up the sun on vacation.
- Cut the washing machine valves: Unless you have a housekeeper stopping by to do some laundry, you won’t be using your washing machine while you’re away. Before you leave, we recommend turning off the washing machine water line. These water lines could burst while you’re out, resulting in massive flooding throughout your home.
- Fix broken toilets: That toilet that keeps running after you flush isn’t just an annoyance—it can also be a huge waste of money. Be sure to get that fixed before you leave for your trip, as that can waste hundreds of gallons of water while you’re out.
Tips for summer care when you’re at home
It’d be nice if we could spend the whole summer on vacation, but that’s not an option for most of us. However, just because you’re not abroad all summer while the kids are out of school, that doesn’t mean you can neglect your plumbing system. Here’s what you can do while you’re at home:
- Watch out for your sprinklers: Be careful when you’re mowing if you have a sprinkler system installed in your yard. Negligence with the mower can damage the sprinkler heads, leading to unnecessary repair bills. Additionally, mind how much you use that sprinkler system. Your lawn doesn’t actually need as much water as you might think to stay alive and healthy.
- Don’t overuse the garbage disposal: Summer is the best time of year to invite folks over for a barbecue dinner. The only downside for hosting dinner parties is the fact that there’s a lot of cleanup involved. While you’re washing dishes after everyone leaves, make sure that you’re not tossing large food scraps down the disposal. Instead, just put them in the trash can.
- Make repairs right away: This one applies in any season, but it’s crucial that you call a plumber to make any repairs as soon as possible. The longer you wait to fix a leaking pipe or a running toilet, the more money you’ll waste, and the more likely the chance of significant damage. Call a plumber straight away to save yourself a major headache this summer!
No matter what the problem is with your plumbing in Shreveport, LA, we’re the pros you should call to take care of it! Perot Plumbing, LLC brings years of experience to tackle any situation that may arise at your home or business.
Categorised in: Plumbing Problems